I’m so excited to debut this new blog series, YOU are local! I hope you enjoy getting to “meet” these amazing businesses and find out what they are all about.
First up, The Oven Mitt! I enjoyed meeting with Tracy Allen, the owner. I wanted to devour everything in sight, and the atmosphere is so inviting!
If you were an animal, what would you be?
I had a hard time describing myself as an animal so I asked my family to help me out on this one. I got some pretty good and funny answers from them all so I’m going to share them all. 🙂
- My husband said I was a cheetah because no one can move as fast and keep up with me when I have a task to complete.
- My daughter Madelyn said I was a bear because I am the “mama bear” of the house and I always take care of everyone.
- My daughter Heidi said I was a wolf because I’m strong and the leader of the pack.
- My daughter Elina said I was a parrot because I say funny things
- My son Gaige said I was a chicken because I am fast and like to eat stuff
They all seem to feel similar though that I take care of everyone in some way and work fast and hard. Oh, and I guess sometimes I’m funny and I must like to eat cupcakes.Morning person or night owl?
I’m definitely a morning person, I don’t ever want to miss any of the day!What is one thing you wish people knew about your business?
I would like people to know that there is a wonderful seating space available at the bakery. We have wifi available and board games to play. I would love seeing lots of new faces using the space for events and meetings. The space is also available to rent after hours and weekends for small parties.Describe a memorable or favorite moment in your business.
The most memorable moment of my business was opening day. It was a long time dream come true and seeing so many people here that day to support me made me feel proud and accomplished and ready to see all the growth and success begin.